AATFCS is affiliated with the Arkansas Association for Career and Technical Education (AR ACTE), the Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE), and the National Association Teachers of Family and Consumer Sciences (NATFACS).
Membership is open to any individual interested in the purposes of the association.
The officers, consist of a president, president-elect, secretary, treasurer, and parliamentarian. The committee chairpersons, consist of the following: Awards, Audit Review, By-Laws, CTE Support Fund, Nominating, and Resolutions. The Executive Council of AATFCS officers and committee chairpersons have three meetings annually (one in the Fall and two in the Spring) with additional meetings called by the president.
AATFCS is represented on the Arkansas Association for Career and Technical Education Board by the division president plus one additional representative for every 100 affiliated members of the division. The annual AATFCS business meeting may be scheduled during the Arkansas Career and Technical Education Conference.
Dues are paid annually. Dues may be paid directly to the AATFCS Treasurer at the FCS Summer Conference, AR ACTE Conference, or be mailed to the AATFCS Treasurer. Please send membership form with your check.
The Core of our Professional Organization
- To actively promote the interests of teachers of Family and Consumer Sciences.
- To encourage higher standards of teaching by Family and Consumer Sciences Educators.
- To promote harmony and solidarity of group action within the membership.
- To promote liaison with and representation in organizations and groups having related concerns.
- To render services to local communities in promoting and stabilizing Family and Consumer Sciences Education.
- To cooperate with the Arkansas Department of Career Education and its staff in continued development of Career and Technical Education in Arkansas.
- To expand and improve public knowledge and understanding of the advantages of Family and Consumer Sciences Education.
- To interest young people in Family and Consumer Sciences Education as a career.
- To actively support the related Career and Technical Student Organization, Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA), and its purposes.